Even though I love fashion, interior décor and design never really interested me – until recently.
In 2013, I decided to redecorate my bedroom and ever since then, I haven’t stopped looking at various IG pages and Pinterest boards that focus on interior décor and design – there’s just something about looking at all of those beautiful homes, rooms and closets and becoming hopeful that one day, you too could have your fabulous interiors featured on an IG page or Pinterest board.
So, considering my newfound love for design and décor, as soon as I received the press release for Decorex Durban 2016, I immediately grabbed my diary and jotted it down as an event ‘not to miss’.
If, like me, you’ve never been before because you’ve always been busy with studying/work/life or just due to general unawareness that such an event even existed, here’s what you can expect:
- a comprehensive showcase of the latest décor and design trends, products and services for 2016;
- the ultimate shopping experience, that enables you to stick with Decorex’s new theme, ‘Take it home. Make it home’;
- a pop-up market, hosted by I Heart Market, on Saturday;
- casual cafés, full-service restaurants and a gourmet market and basically
- a great opportunity for a day out with the fam.
Now that you know all of the above, it’s time to diarise it so that you don’t forget about it and then have major regrets and hate for yourself once it’s all over – like I did for Decorex 2015! So, here’s all the deets:
- Decorex Durban: 18 – 21 March 2016
- Time: 18 – 20 March, 10am to 8pm; 21 March, 10am to 6pm
- Ticket prices: R75 for adults; R65 for trade, pensioners and scholars; R20 for kids under 12
- Venue: Durban Exhibition Centre
And that’s all you need to know for Decorex Durban 2016! I’m so looking forward to it and I hope to see you guys there too!
Please note all of the above images have been sourced from Decorex SA’s Facebook page.